Micro-dermabrasion (also referred to as mechanical exfoliation, micro-resurfacing, or “Micro-derm”) is a cosmetic process that helps in making the skin healthier and clearer. It involves partial or light abrasion of the uppermost layer of the skin (termed as the stratum corneum) so as to reveal the clear, fresh and healthy skin that lies underneath it. It promotes re-growth of new collagen and brightens rough uneven skin, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and sun damage.
Usually micro-dermabrasion is used in order to reduce scars or other such dermatological anomalies in the most effective and permanent way possible. However the process has gained a steadily growing demand in the market, since it helps one look considerably younger, aiding them to look better without showing any visible signs of aging as such.
(Before scheduling, please consult with a therapist if you have had herpes outbreaks or any of the following treatments: Laser, Retin-A, Acutane, Retinol)
Just Your Type uses only crystal-free, Diamond Dermabrasion equipment, which reduces the chances of internal pore issues, and provides a cleaner and consistently superior result. In Diamond Micro-dermabrasion, the tip of the wand is made of diamond, which naturally abrades the skin and removes the dead skin particles with suction as it goes along.
Micro-dermabrasion may also be performed to decrease the appearance of superficial hyper pigmentation, photo-damage, wrinkles, and shallow acne scars. Removing the dead skin will aid in the penetration of skin care products by up to 50% and make-up will go on much more smoothly.
Micro-dermabrasion is a simple, straight forward, non-invasive procedure that revitalizes dull skin, reduces large pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyper pigmentation), stretch marks and age spots.
It is equally effective to other skin treatments (on superficial imperfections) and, most importantly, it allows you to get back to your daily routine immediately after treatment.
For best results a series of 4-6 treatments is recommended.
- It is the least invasive dermatological procedure (compared to dermabrasion and laser resurfacing).
- It is more affordable than cosmetic surgery.
- Micro-dermabrasion is painless.
- It is available as home micro-dermabrasion systems and kits.
- It has the fewest side effects and it is effective on all skin types and colors.
- Micro-dermabrasion does not need anesthetic if performed at a spa, beauty salon or physician’s office (unlike surgical skin resurfacing).
- It helps your skin appear younger, healthy, glowing and for some people, close to perfect.
Remember to plan to stay out of the sun with any peel or micro-dermabrasion treatment.